Why should I choose Easy As HGV?
We’re a well respected, established HGV training provider with the experience to get you passed first time.
- We want to be accountable and responsible, which is why we are members of the Freight Transport Association (FTA) and the Road Haulage Association (RHA), demonstrating our commitment to constantly improving the standard of the training we provide.
- You’ll be assigned a Personal Training Adviser to guide you through your course and provide support every step of the way.
- We provide state of the art revision software, monitored training schools and a course structure built with you in mind.
- We’re passionate about helping you achieve the career of your dreams. Our dedicated Recruitment Team are on hand once you’ve passed to get you into work as quickly as possible.
- Nationwide HGV training at over 45 locations spanning the length and breadth of the UK, so no matter where you are we can provide your HGV training at a location convenient to you.
- We do all the hard work, so you don’t have to.
Easy As HGV have over 45 locations throughout the UK, where we can offer the highest level of HGV Training. Call the team today on 0800 970 8447 to find your closest location. HGV Training with Easy As HGV could not be easier.
Still not sure? Check out our Testimonials and find out what our Customers say about us!
Which HGV licence do I apply for?
We know it’s not easy to unravel all of the technical jargon and figure out what licence you need, and what you’ll need to do to achieve it. That’s why we provide a team of HGV Training Advisers who will work with you to;
- Find out what licences you currently hold
- Find out what sort of work you want to undertake once you’ve gained your HGV licence
- Explain clearly what course/s you’ll need to take in order to gain that licence
- Let you know how much it’s all going to cost, and discuss your payment options
- Guide you through the provisional licence application process
- Support you as you take your Theory Tests and help you to use our online revision software
- Arrange your HGV training dates and be available at the end of the phone for you throughout your training week
- Once you’ve passed, help you to find your first job
Click on the icons below to view more information.
This small delivery vehicle is all one unit, the easiest to handle and the next step up from a 3,500 kg van. Read more
As per Category 1 but with a trailer weighing more than 750 kg and combined weight of less than 12,000 kg. Read more
Known as a 'Rigid', this vehicle is all one unit and also easy to handle. (Often referred to as Class 2). Read more
Known as an 'Artic', or a draw bar (Wagon & Drag), with a separate cab and trailer. (Often referred to as Class 1). Read more
You’re in the right place to find out more about how the process of gaining your HGV licence works; we have a range of videos which show the training taking place, and our simple infographics demystify the process from start to finish. Find out more on our Licence Process page.
If you’re ready to have a chat, call our team of HGV Training Advisers free on 0800 970 8447, to discuss the different licences available to you.
Where will I train with Easy As HGV?
Easy As HGV has been helping new drivers into their careers for many years. Throughout that time we’ve learnt that although all drivers are different, there are a few basic but very important things that you want out of your HGV training course. You’ll want it to be;
- Close to your home, so you can keep your fuel costs down
- At a professional training location with friendly, experienced Instructors who want to support and encourage you
- At a school with a good track record for passing trainees first time, and who work hard to make sure that a first time pass is achievable for you
- Utilising road systems which accurately represent those you’ll be expected to drive on when you take on your first job as an HGV Driver.
- With a Training Provider you can rely on to be there for you when you need them.
- Stress free, with everything taken care of for you by your Personal Training Adviser.
We have over 45 training centres nationwide so there is bound to be one near to you - call us FREE on 0800 970 8447 and we will locate your nearest centre. If you’d like to read more about how the UK’s big cities are great training grounds for HGV drivers, and find out about the unique features in your area, visit our Training Locations page.
How can I practice my HGV Theory test with Easy As HGV?
To get a taste of what you can expect when from the HGV theory test, you can practice online by going to https://www.gov.uk/practise-your-driving-theory-test
Also, once registered on a HGV Training course with Easy As HGV, we will give you a unique username and password to practice online for 90 days. You can literally log in via the Easy As HGV website, and set yourself bookmarks/app links on your smartphone so you can access the software at the touch of a button.
Our HGV theory test online revision software uses state of the art modern technology to replicate the types of questions you’ll be asked on the day. It’s totally portable, so you can use those spare moments to get some serious revision under your belt without having to move an inch; our software works on smart phone, tablet, laptop and all PC platforms. It’s even Mac Compatible.
Not a technology wizard? Don’t worry, the software is so easy to use that no matter what your technological experience level, you’ll be easily using the revision modules in no time. Plus, don’t forget, your Personal Training Adviser is on hand to discuss any questions you don’t understand, or help you with any technical queries. We provide full technical support for the software so no matter what the issue, we’re there for you.
To find out more about how our online theory test revision software works, visit our Theory Test Revision page, where you can swot up on the Theory Test itself and what’s involved, and watch a video which shows the system live in action.
Ready to get started?! Call us today on 0800 970 8447!
How can I pay Easy As HGV for my course?
We accept all major credit and debit cards, BACS payments and cheque payments.
We understand that booking your HGV training is a big commitment, so call us FREE on 0800 970 8447 and we'll run through all the payment options available to you.
Our streamlined booking processes mean that you’ll have everything you need to get started along the road to your HGV career within minutes of booking your course with us, plus your Personal Training Adviser will be on hand to answer any questions and guide you through the next steps.
Can I really earn £600 a week as an HGV driver, after training with Easy As HGV?
Yes you can. For experienced HGV drivers, £600 a week is pretty standard as a 'C + E' driver. HGV driving jobs often have a degree of flexibility which isn’t achievable in other careers. Logistics is a 24-hour, 7 day a week industry with companies needing drivers to help them meet increasing customer expectations. Category C drivers can expect to earn £25k a year as a newly qualified driver, but there’s really no limit to your earning potential, as a career driving HGV’s can take you onto other roles within the logistics industry, including Transport Management roles which can pay really high salaries.
Easy As HGV’s well-planned HGV training courses prepare you for a career on the road, with laden vehicles which teach you to drive with a load in the back, and Instructors who teach you to think and drive independently and with confidence. We’re also experts at making sure you’ve got the best chance to secure that first driving role, with a dedicated in-house HGV Recruitment Team to support you through creating your CV, applying for roles, and making sure you’re represented as well as possible to prospective employers.
We’ve spent years helping new drivers get their dream HGV driving job, so we know that booking your HGV training course is a big financial commitment to make. However many drivers balance their earning potential once qualified against the initial outlay of the course fees.
To talk to a Training Adviser about the sort of HGV driving work you could be doing in your area, call us FREE on 0800 970 8447.
Will I get a job after my HGV Training?
We get asked this question all the time. You’ll probably have seen in the national Press that the UK logistics industry is facing a major skills gap. It’s estimated that this will cause a driver shortage, leaving 30,000 vacancies to be filled. We’re already seeing this play out, with a large number of Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) member companies reporting issues filling logistics vacancies. The UK Government is so concerned about this potential threat to the UK logistics sector that it’s working really hard to draw new blood into the industry, with logistics-based skills initiatives such as ‘Delivering Your Future’, aimed at encouraging young people into logistics, the ‘Skills Calculator’ which is aimed at showing working age adults that a career in logistics could be for them, and The Logistics Guild, which aims to draw logistics businesses together to work to resource properly for the future.
With so many vacancies available it’s not difficult to secure a HGV driving job, provided your driving is at the right standard and you’re presented well to prospective employers. Easy As HGV has a dedicated in-house Recruitment Team to help you create a professional, bespoke CV to send to prospective employers and will keep you updated weekly with available jobs in your area. We also use an online recruitment tool which you can have access to to help you build your CV and apply for jobs, both once you’re qualified and long into your career. Plus, if you need help writing covering letters or even help with printing, our helpful Team will be there for you every step of the way.
Easy As HGV also has a library of HGV jobs available for you to browse through, right here on our website, so you can get an idea of the sorts of roles available.
There are a variety of different ways Easy As HGV can help you to get a great job once you’re qualified, and it doesn’t stop at our Recruitment Team – we also offer work skills courses which help give you the practical tools you’ll need from the first day of your new career. To chat to a Training Adviser about the various different ways you can prepare for a life on the road, call us FREE on 0800 970 8447.